Lucerne, Switzerland – July 30, 2012 – Albert Einstein once said, “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.” getAbstract concurs. Good authors recognize problems and break them down to their basic elements. Moreover, the very best writers even have some ideas about how to solve these inextricable dilemmas.
For the 12th time since 2001, getAbstract is proud to award a prize for the best business books of 2012 at the opening of the Frankfurt Book Fair, on October 10, 2012. getAbstract (www.getAbstract.com) assessed more than 10,000 English and German business books in the fields of leadership and management, strategy, sales and marketing, human resources, economics and politics, finance, and career development, and we have selected 10 finalists. The 2012 nominees are:
– App-Economy by Ansgar Mayer – mi-Wirtschaftsbuch/Münchner Verlagsgruppe
– Ausgegeizt by Uli Burchardt – Campus Verlag
– Data Unser by Björn Bloching, Lars Luck, Thomas Ramge – Redline/Münchner Verlagsgruppe
– Der amerikanische Patient by Josef Braml – Siedler/Random House Verlagsgruppe
– Zerschlagt die Banken by Rudolf Hickel – Econ/Ullstein Verlage
– Inside Apple by Adam Lashinsky – Business Plus/Hachette Group
– Paper Money Collapse by Detlev S. Schlichter – John Wiley & Sons
– Reverse Innovation by Vijay Govindarajan, Chris Trimble – Harvard Business Review Press
– Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman – Farrar, Straus & Giroux
– Too Big to Know by David Weinberger – Basic Books/Perseus Books Group
Two of the nominated titles from each language category will receive this well-established and, in the international publishing world, coveted business book award. The official awards ceremony will take place on October 10, 2012, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at Frankfurt Book Fair’s “Lesezelt” in Frankfurt am Main.
About the getAbstract International Book Award
This year, the award celebrates its 12th anniversary. When getAbstract launched its business book award in 2001, it was the first international award of its kind. Since then, getAbstract has presented the prize to such esteemed authors as George A. Akerlof, Robert J. Shiller, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Ian Morris, Benoît Mandelbrot, Malcolm Gladwell, Niall Ferguson, Joseph Stiglitz, Thomas Sowell, Chris Anderson, Peter Sloterdijk, Gunter Dueck, Uwe Jean Heuser, Wolfgang Münchau and Hans-Werner Sinn.
For more details about previous award winners, please go to: